The listing agent helps the issuing companies desired to be listed on EGX for the first time or the companies already listed on the Main Market in finalizing the listing procedures and fulfilling its ongoing listing requirements. The listing agent also handles all the company’s procedures in accordance with the listing rules, executive procedures and its amendments, contract agreement clauses and decisions issued by EFSA and EGX.
The listing agent acts as a liaison between EGX management and the issuing company willing to list. His role extends to offer technical, legal and financial consultancy to the company regarding the application of the disclosure rules, maintaining the compliance with the listing rules, assisting listed company’s investor relation officers in complying with listing rules and avoiding financial penalties in case of violations of the listing and disclosure rules.
Entities that can be registered and certified by EGX as listing agents:
- Audit and accounting offices
- Legal and financial consultant offices and law firms
- Financial consultant offices and nominated advisors registered at EGX
- Trustees at banks and banks in general
- Foreign listing agents
- Other local and foreign entities approved by EGX Board of Directors